Today, I am thankful for:
– Having a mirror in unpleasant and unprofessional people to guide me as to how I should NEVER be, be it with colleagues or external business partners, whether they are more junior or otherwise
– having the courage to speak my mind and be truthful to people without the fear of repercussions. I will never be truly free if I have to hide my feelings even though i know that the truth is always painful to hear.
– recognising that apologies have to be sincere and meaningful. An apology is not a defensive tool. I am thankful to be aware of the differences and will honour my apology as what it is meant to be.
– being aware of my limitations so that I know how I can best improve myself. My lacks and failures serve to only make me more aware that there is much to learn and acquire in life other than bags and shoes!
– my mother’s constant presence in my life. She is so precious and I want to be able to give her an even better life.
Also, I am very grateful for my thick-skinned and strongheaded mentality…it has provided me with much buffer against the ugly behaviour I am subjected to… it is also useful to my resourcefulness in finding solutions.
What an amazing day to learn how to be a better person, one day at a time.